1. Makes his son (who we later find out is just an orphan he picked up for sympathy points while closing business deals) go deaf, then sends him off to an institution when his son subsequently attempts to light him on fire.
2. Murders a man posing as his brother, then buries him in the woods.
3. Gets baptized by a minister he hates because it would benefit him financially.
4. Erects(!) a derrick and draws oil until he's a virtual billionaire.
5. Alienates everyone in his life, causing him to live a life of ultimate despair and preposterous alcoholism.
6. Speaks like he constantly taking a shit.
7. Lies to everyone. Yes; everyone.
8. Screams at his already deaf son for spiting him, regardless of the fact that his son is not, in any way, spiting him.
And that about wraps it up. It is a film that won critical acclaim of the highest extent, nominated for 8 Academy Awards (winning two) and will go down as one of the foremost epics in the Americana genre of film.
Anyway, all I'm really trying to say is that Daniel Day Lewis's character sounds like Tom Green in "Freddy Got Fingered."
Album of the day: Wu-Tang vs. The Beatles: Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers